Get my Free Energy Guide: CLICK HERE
Avoid these 4 energy draining food for all-day natural energy.
Food #1: Gluten
Gluten is simply a protein is found in wheat, barley and rye and in recent years has been linked to a ton of books and research that has found gluten to be the cause of many gastrointestinal disorders. Gluten is the glue-like substance that holds bread together. Unfortunately, the more you consume gluten the more damage takes place to the intestinal walls which eventually can lead to a inflammatory condition termed “leaky gut”. Many people don’t even realize gluten is affecting their energy.
Energy tip: Try going gluten free for 7 days and reintroduce it to see if you notice a difference in your energy.
Food #2 Sugar
Sugar is found in just about everything today. It’s extremely hard to avoid sugar because it’s hiding everywhere and it’s robbing you of your energy. You have to super conscious of how much sugar you’re consuming…sugar is hiding even in “health food”. Sugar is hiding in foods like peanut butter and pasta sauce and many other different types of foods that you wouldn’t even realize. Even if you’re not eating cakes and cookies and candies you still most likely are getting a lot of sugar in your diet and it’s robbing you of your precious energy.
Energy Tip: Start reading labels to cut back your sugar intake and notice a massive increase in your level of energy.
Food #3 Caffeine
People drink coffee when they feel tired and need energy but drinking coffee or consuming caffeine is kind of like borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. What happens is caffeine blocks the receptors in our brain which tell us when we’re tired. If you’re someone who’s consuming a lot of caffeine start to eliminate the amount of caffeine you consume. Drinking one cup of coffee in the morning isn’t going to make that big of a difference but if you’re adding sugar and cream you definitely want to start reducing sugar and cream with the goal to completely remove it from your coffee to maximize your energy.
Energy Tip: If you drink coffee, only drink one small cup before 2 pm and drink it without added cream or sugar.
Food # 4 Dairy
Dairy is very hard to digest and a lot of energy is used up in trying to digest dairy. Most people are lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive and don’t know it. Lactose or milk sugar builds mucus in the body and causes inflammation. Instead of consuming dairy eat more alkaline based foods such as fruits and vegetables to start experiencing more energy. If you decide to limit your dairy intake or completely remove dairy from your diet, you will notice a massive difference in your mental clarity, digestion and your energy.
Energy Tip: Cut back on the amount of dairy you consume or completely cut it out of your diet. If you do decide to continue to consume dairy make sure you are getting your diary from the high quality source possible – raw, grass-fed and organic.
Ultimately, it’s what you do and chose not to do on a daily basis which will make the biggest difference in how you look and how much energy you feel.
Get my Free Energy Guide: CLICK HERE
CBD also known sold as hemp oil is quickly becoming one of the most highly sought after and used supplements in the world. Why? Because it’s benefits are finally being discovered and shared. It also just so happens to help alleviate 3 of the most common 21st-century health conditions.
- Stress and Anxiety
- Trouble sleeping
- Physical pain
In this short article, I share some of the most frequently asked questions about CBD. Enjoy!
1) What is CBD (Hemp oil)?
CBD also known as cannabadiol, is a non-psychoactive (it won’t make you feel high) compound found in cannabis. It is one of over 60 different compounds present in cannabis. CBD is usually present in cannabis in high concentrations along with THC (the compound in cannabis that is psychoactive and makes you feel high).
It’s non-psychoactive because of its lack of affinity and attraction for CB1 receptors (the receptors that cause one to experience a cerebral high). There are two types of cannabinoid receptors in the human body; CB1 and CB2. Both are naturally found throughout the body but are most common in the brain and immune system.
CB1 receptors are responsible for marijuana’s psychoactive effects. These receptors affect memory, mood, sleep, appetite and pain sensation. CB2 receptors have anti-inflammatory effects and are found in immune cells. Cbd does have a great affinity and or attraction for CB2 receptors making it a great natural anti-inflammatory and immune system enhancer.
2) Is CBD legal?
Unlike marijuana, CBD is 100% legal in the USA. On February 7, 2014 President Obama signed the farm bill of 2013 into law which defined industrial hemp as distinctly different from marijuana. It further states that as long as the cannabis sativa plant has less than .3% THC it qualifies as industrial hemp and is legal to be grown in the United States.
3) Will CBD make me feel high?
CBD offers many of the same benefits of marijuana without the “high” because it contains minimal. if any amounts of THC tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It is completely safe and non-addictive.
4) What are CBD known benefits?
CBD has been proven to be highly beneficial in the treatment of seizures, neurological conditions such as MS and cerebral palsy and anxiety disorders.
Studies have found that CBD can…
1. Relieve nausea and vomiting making it a great digestive aid
2. Help control and reduce seizures
3. Help Fight tumors and cancer cells (it’s a powerful antioxidant)
4. Help relieve anxiety and depression
5. Calm and protect the nervous system
6. Promote relaxation and deeper sleep
7. Help reduce stress
8. Help relieve insomnia
9. Anti-inflammatory effects which help reduce swelling
10. Help relieves muscle and joint pain
5) What are the most popular uses of CBD?
Right now the general popular is using CBD as a natural alternative to help support anxiety, physical pain and promote relaxation to improve sleep. As mentioned before it’s also been proven to be highly beneficial treatment of seizures, and neurological conditions such as MS.
6) What is the best way to use CBD? What form is best to take?
CBD is extracted as an oil from cannabis or hemp plant and comes in various concentrations and forms. It can be consumed orally in the form of a supplement or gummy, in a capsule form, as a liquid tincture, vaporized, or sprayed into the mouth. It can also be used topically and absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin from an externally applied cream.
7) Does CBD have side effects?
CBD rarely has side effects when using the commonly recommended doses of anywhere between 2.5 mg to 1500 mg
However, studies have found Possible side effects include…
- Increases or decreases in appetite.
Minus diarrhea, these sides effects could potentially be beneficial depending on the reason you’re taking CBD in the first place. Often CBD users are using CBD to help them get higher quality sleep. The majority of studies currently available were performed for treatment of epilepsy and psychotic disorders. Here, the most commonly reported side effects were tiredness, diarrhea, and changes in appetite/weight. In comparison with other drugs, used for the treatment of these medical conditions, CBD has a better side effect profile. More clinical trials with a greater number of participants and longer chronic CBD administration are still lacking.
However, there are a few upcoming CBD clinical trials for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Autistic Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Infantile Spasms
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- And a few more
8) Is CBD addictive? Is CBD safe?
CBD is nonaddictive and safe when you’re getting your CBD products from a reputable source. Unfortunately, because the benefits of consuming CBD are becoming more and more known many companies are flooding the CBD market with poor quality and ineffective products. You want to look for reputable companies that offer organically grown, full spectrum, Co2 extracted CBD.
9) Will taking CBD fail my drug test?
This is a very common question and the simple answer is no. This is because legal CBD products contain no traceable amounts of THC (the chemical in marijuana that causes people to get high). However, consumers using extremely large doses of CBD rich hemp oil products above 1000-2000 mg daily could potentially have a false positive during initial screening due to other non-THC metabolites which may cross-react with the test. This is extremely rare.
10) How much should I take? How do I dose CBD?
There is no one size fits all or easy answer to this question. It really depends on several factors. First, it depends on the quality of the CBD product that you are using. Second, it depends on the reason you are using CBD. Are you using it to relieve pain? Help you get to sleep or to manage anxiety? Are you using it to manage MS or Parkinsons? Everybody is different so it’s best to experiment with different dosages until you achieve the desired effect.
I recommend the following protocols:
- Start small – start with the smallest dose possible. Everyone reacts differently to various supplements so it’s important to become familiar with how your body responds
- Size Matters – larger individuals may prefer a high dose of CBD than smaller people. With CBD, you can easily scale up just a few mg at a time to meet your needs
- Consult with a medical professional – if you have a serious medical condition, always consult with a qualified healthcare professional before consuming CBD
- Consistency is key – using CBD consistency stimulate a healthy, functioning endocannabinoid system. As cannabinoids enter the system, your body becomes more sensitive over time.
11) When is the best time to take CBD?
Again it really depends on why you are taking it in the first place. Generally speaking most people take CBD and hour before bed to help improve sleep, in the morning to manage pain and anytime help alleviate stress and anxiety.
12) How long will it take for CBD to take effect? How long do the effects last?
Again it depends. In this case, it depends on the method of ingestion.This is a challenging question to answer because it depends on several factors
- Quality of product
- Amount of MG’s
- Method of delivery (capsules, sublingual oil, vape or topical)
- Consuming CBD orally takes over an hour for the CBD to arrive in the bloodstream.
- Using CBD through inhalation via vaporizing it produces more rapid effects because it bypasses the liver.
- Consuming CBD sublingually in the form of an oil is relatively fast acting and is my recommended and preferred method.
- Using CBD topically in the form of a cream can be relatively fast acting when used locally for (inflammation, pain and other skin conditions).
13) Can my dog benefit from taking CBD?
Yes, animals can also benefit from taking CBD. Pets can consume CBD for many of the same ailments that humans do.
CBD had been found to help with the following pet conditions:
- Digestive Issues
- Joint & Mobility Issues
Click here for CBD for pets.
14) Where can I purchase the best CBD products?
As more and more scientific studies are released on the benefits of CBD more and more products will hit the consumer market. Right now you can purchase and a wide variety of CBD products online and in some health foods stores across the country. As with all supplements, it’s important to consider the quality, extraction, storage and manufacturing methods before purchasing a product. Many supplements on the market today are ineffective and a complete waste of money because they simply aren’t of quality ingredients or have poor extraction methods making them ineffective at best.
I recommend BioCare CBD. It’s all natural, Co2 extracted, tested for purity and derived from organic CBD.
I recommend a company called Biocare CBD for the following reasons…
- Organically grown hemp at a federally registered facility.
- Nontoxic, pesticide free and 3rd party tested for quality.
- Oil is full spectrum CBD – meaning if contains all of the cannabinoids which work in synergy to unlock the full potential of CBD
- Whole plant extracted CBD oil – extracted from the stalk, flowers and leaves no just the stalk
- Manufacturer is both GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and PETA approved.
Ready to try CBD? As my way of saying thank you for visiting my page, you can save 5% off your order by entering coupon code devinburke at checkout. Click Here
I have to admit, I love attending events and seminars. I live for learning experiences and connecting with other like-minded amazing people. In the past two years, I’ve been to at least ten personal and professional development seminars and workshops… in this post, I’m happy to share my experience and review of Yuri Elkaims Healthpreneur Live event.
Warning: Learning new tools and strategies to improve your life and business while meeting other amazing high-level people doing incredible things can become a bit of an addiction 😉
A few of my favorites seminars I’ve attended over the years include Tony Robbins, signature 5 day “Date with Destiny” experience and Brendon Burchard’s “High Performance Academy.” Both absolutely incredible learning experiences and events.
However, Yuri Elkaims Healthprenuer Live event hosted in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona takes the cake for the best wellness industry event I’ve ever been to thus far. Unlike Tony and Brendon’s large few thousand attendee events, Yuri’s was more intimate and personal. I actually got to connect with him personally as well as pretty much all the other event speakers…one of the biggest reasons the event was a personal favorite.
Let me explain…
I came across Yuri’s Elkaims stuff about 1 year ago, while searching for someone who ran a 7 figure online health and wellness company with integrity (one of my goals). I started following Yuri and was surprised by the level of accessibility and quality content he shared in his healthpreneur facebook group. He answered my tough marketing questions and even filmed an entire 15-minute video about a pressing issue I was having with one of my online health program funnels. It was apparent that he wasn’t just another online marketing guru looking to sell one of their “7-figure success formulas.”
Yuri actually cares.
Who is Yuri Elkaim?
Yuri Elkaim, is the founder and CEO of Healthpreneur, is a leading online business strategist and coach for visionary health and fitness entrepreneurs who want to multiply their impact, income, and freedom. He’s also a New York Times bestselling nutrition author, sought-after health expert, and CEO of his own multiple 7-figure online health and fitness business that has helped over 500,000 men and women to better health. His Youtube videos have been by more than 24 MILLION people and he’s shared his message of health on major media including The Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors, and more!
Even though Yuri had already helped me quite a bit with my marketing and content strategy before the event, I have to admit when I first got the email about his Healthpreneur Live event I was a bit skeptical. Usually the first time anyone holds an event like this there are a bunch of things that need to be ironed out (surprisingly not the case with Yuri’s event).
I remember it was Thanksgiving the final day before the VIP prices went up for the event and I was sitting in my car with my now Fiance before going into our friend’s Thanksgiving dinner trying to decide to invest in the event or not. Honestly, even though I love attending events, I had already been to a bunch of health events in 2017 and wasn’t sure it was going to be worth my money or my time.
“Just do it, I have a good feeling about it,” my fiance encouraged. Trusting my gut and with the encouragement of my fiance, I decided to take a chance and bought a VIP ticket and I’m SUPER glad I did. Healthprenuer was the perfect balance of learning, connection, and fun.
What is Healthpreneur LIVE?
It’s an epic 3-day event for leading health and fitness entrepreneurs to connect with cutting-edge marketing strategies, breakthrough ideas, and each other to multiply their impact, income, and freedom.
It’s an intimate LIVE in-person event that’s dedicated to connecting health, fitness, and wellness entrepreneurs with cutting-edge marketing strategies, breakthrough ideas, and meaningful relationships to help take your business, message or product, and overall impact to the next level.” 
Most health events are more geared toward professional development (certifications, CEUs, etc…) instead of actually teaching marketing and business systems which are essential for business growth and maximum impact. I’m always looking to learn new ways to get in front of more people and convert them into clients and customers to do the work I’m called to do.
“Healthpreneur LIVE is a unique 3-day event that gathers an extraordinary community of change-makers and visionaries in the health and fitness industry who are driven to impact the world in a bigger way.The event is limited to just 150 attendees who are mostly entrepreneurial-minded naturopathic and functional medicine doctors, chiropractors, personal trainers, nutritionists, dietitians, health coaches, and health crusaders who are hungry to expand their online platform to reach more people, make more money, and enjoy more free time instead of being confined to the clinic, gym, or coaching clients 1-on-1 for hours on end.
The event is limited to just 150 attendees who are mostly entrepreneurial-minded naturopathic and functional medicine doctors, chiropractors, personal trainers, nutritionists, dietitians, health coaches, and health crusaders who are hungry to expand their online platform to reach more people, make more money, and enjoy more free time instead of being confined to the clinic, gym, or coaching clients 1-on-1 for hours on end.” 
The 2017 Healthpreneur live event was held at the beautiful boutique resort and spa “The Andaz” in Scottsdale, Arizona.
5 Reasons I Went
- To learn to attract more leads and customers without feeling salesy or slimey in the process.
- To discover the latest trends and strategies to position myself as a standout “thought-leader” in the crowded online wellness industry.
- To streamline my business to free up more of my time
- To clarify my message to better connect with my audience and be more influential.
- Above all to create meaningful new connections with other health & fitness industry experts in a relaxed, intimate setting.
What I Got Out of Attending the Event
- I learned to attract more leads and customers without feeling salesy or slimey in the process.
- I discovered the latest trends and strategies to position myself as a standout “thought-leader” in the crowded online wellness industry.
- I learned how to streamline my business to free up more of my time
- I got to clarify my message to better connect with my audience and be more influential.
- I created meaningful new connections with other health & fitness industry experts
- Several NYT bestselling authors in the health and diet space…Youtube sensations in the fitness and wellness space who, collectively, have more than 2 MILLION subscribers…
- Youtube sensations in the fitness and wellness space who, collectively, have more than 2 MILLION subscribers…Fitness celebrities who travel the country (and
- Fitness celebrities who travel the country (and the world) growing their brand…
- Dozens of health supplement business owners…
- The CEO of one the most successful supplement companies in America…
- Health coaches looking to expand their reach from local to global…
- Online health business owners generating 6-, 7-, and even 8-figures per year…
- E-Commerce entrepreneurs with health products taking over Amazon.com
What Set This Event Apart?
- Quality and attention to detail (The lunches were amazing, the venue was beautiful, the event staff was professional and on point)
- Caliber and quality of attendees (Not only did I meet amazing business connections I made some awesome new friends)
- Quality and accessibility of speakers
- Fun surprises (swag bag, attendee note wall, surprise party, VIP receptions, hiking Camel Back Mountain, sunrise am yoga)
Should You Attend?
Entrepreneurial-minded naturopathic and functional medicine doctors, chiropractors, personal trainers, nutritionists, dietitians, health coaches, and health crusaders.
If you are a visionary health or fitness entrepreneur with dreams of helping more people with your knowledge, idea, or an important message, then yes, I recommend you attend.
The event is limited to just 150 attendees so don’t wait to sign up.
Click here to learn more and I’ll see you at the next event.
Resources: http://healthpreneurgroup.com/ 
Highlights from the 2017 Healthpreneur Live Event:
We literally are what we eat and the food we consume 100% effects how sharp and clear out thinking is on a day to day basis. Interestingly, two-thirds of our brain is made of fat. Fat is essential to our brain’s health to to produce brain cells. Foods that are high in good omega-3 fats, are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and are anti-inflammatory protect us from brain disease and help increase cognitive ability, understanding, learning, and the ability to stay focused.
1. Walnuts: Walnuts are chock full of good fats, antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin E that help ward off Alzheimer’s and can boost memory and focus. These nuts, ironically shaped like the human brain can naturally increase serotonin levels helping fight depression, and are loaded with omega-3 anti-inflammatory fats that can help improve focus and concentration
2. Wild Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is one of the best brain boosting foods on the planet. It’s loaded with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats that are great for our brains. Farmed-raised salmon is not as good as wild-salmon because it can be filled with mercury, coloring and other toxins which damage our brains.
Important Note: Farmed-raised salmon is not as good as wild-salmon because it can be filled with mercury, coloring and other toxins which damage our brains.Wild salmon is a fish that contains low levels of mercury
3. Avocados: Avocados contain healthy brain boosting monounsaturated fat. They also contain potassium which is essential to mental function and nerve impulses, vitamin K and folate. Folate helps protect against stroke as well as increases brain power. Avocados also contain vitamin B and C which are essential vitamins for brain health.
4. Beets: Beets are great for mental performance because they contain natural nitrates that increase blood flow to the brain, can help lower blood pressure, fight cancer and increase athletic performance. They are rich in vitamin c, fiber, potassium, manganese and folate. Be sure to eat the beet greens along with the beet for they actually contain more iron than spinach and contain a higher nutritional value than the beetroot itself.
5. Wild-Blueberries: wild-blueberries are now referred to as “brain berries” because they’re loaded with antioxidants and brain boosting properties. They are on of the highest antioxidant-rich foods and contain gallic acid which helps protect our brains from oxidative stress. “New studies have also shown that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging rats, making them mentally equivalent to much younger rats.”
6. Lion’s Mane: Is a edible mushroom native to china and japan that can now be found in most gourmet food stores. It has been shown in several studies to greatly enhance cognitive function, memory, recall and even help reduce anxiety and depression. This is because the lion’s mane mushroom can increase nerve growth factor (NGF) a protein that has neuro-protective and neuro-enhancement qualities. NGF is essential for growth and survival of neurons, and can help reduce inflammation in the brain, resulting in neuronal growth and brain performance. Lion’s mane is traditionally consumed as a tea. A great company I know like and trust for lion’s mane is four sigmatic.
7. Egg Yolks: Egg Yolks contain a high amount of the b-complex vitamin choline, which is essential for brain health. Choline aids in concentration and neuron health because it reduces inflammation. Choline also helps break down bethane which in return produces those “feel good” hormones serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. Egg yolks also provide the essential mineral and brain and immune enhancing nutrient zinc. Two large egg yolks provide about 230 mgs of choline which is about half the recommended daily amount. Other foods that are rich in choline are dark leafy greens and broccoli
8. Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are another great source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats which are essential for brain development and function. Flax seeds contain a specific type of omega -3 called alpha-linolenic acid that can enhance the cerebral cortex. The easiest way to include flax seeds into your diet is by putting them in a superfood smoothie or sprinkling them on a big green salad.
9. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds contain high amounts of antioxidants and other brain minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc. They are also an excellent source of plant-based omega 3 essential fats which combat body and brain inflammation. Gram for gram chia seeds contain more omega 3s than wild salmon.
10. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate 70% cocoa or greater contains antioxidants called flavonols which can help improve blood flow to the brain and help reduce inflammation. Flavonoids have recently been linked to improved cognitive performance. Cocoa also contains theobromine, an alkaloid similar to caffeine which helps improve focus and energy.
11. Rosemary: For centuries rosemary had been linked to improving memory. Scientist now confirm that rosemary actually is in fact amazing for our memories. A recent study conducted by found that smelling rosemary essential oil enhanced memory function in participation significantly. Also carosic acid found in rosemary helps protect the brain from neuro-degeneration by protecting it from free radicals. Rosemary contains high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties making it an excellent brain boosting food.
This week’s healthy in the 21st century challenge is to try incorporating more of these amazing brain boosting foods into your diet.
Like this? Please share!
Thanks for your support and sharing the gift of health with others 🙂
Unfortunately, getting cancer is almost ‘normal’ in the 21st century. According to the American Cancer Society there will be an estimated 1,658,370 new cancer cases diagnosed and 600,000 cancer deaths in the US this year alone. That’s just under 2,000 people per day! Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the US, exceeded only by heart disease, and accounts for nearly 1 out of every 4 deaths.
That means that almost everyone has been indirectly impacted by cancer. Whether if be a friend, family member, pet or coworker we all know someone that has been affected by this largely preventable disease.
Now for the good news… the World Cancer Research Fund has estimated that up to one-third (in my opinion even higher than 1/3) of the cancer cases that occur in economically developed countries like the US are related to lifestyle factors such as being overweight or obese, physically inactive, using chemical body care products, not managing stress and eating poorly, and thus can be largely be prevented with a change in lifestyle.
Today I wanna share with you about the most amazing foods that are also cancer fighting. Any food that is high in antioxidants can really be considered a cancer fighting food since antioxidants are what neutralize free radicals, which are the rogue cells that can cause cancer in our bodies. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different substances found in food that can act as antioxidants. The most familiar ones are vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, and other related carotenoids, along with the minerals selenium and manganese. They’re joined by glutathione, co Q10, lipoic acid, flavonoids, phenols, polyphenols, phytoestrogens, and many more. By incorporating more foods rich in antioxidants, being physically active, and actively managing your stress, you’re greatly reducing your chances of becoming a cancer statistic.
The level of antioxidants in a food is evaluated by what’s called the ORAC Score or (oxygen radical absorption capacity) which tests the power of a food to absorb and eliminate free radicals. The measurement of the following foods i’m about to share with you were developed by the National Institute of Aging and are based on 100 grams of each food.
Top 10 highest antioxidant foods rated by their Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity are…
1. Chaga mushroom
2. Goji berries
5. Wild blueberries
9. Kidney beans
Some additional benefits of consuming these foods are…
Healthy glowing skin
Other antioxidant dense foods to include in your diet are: wild-caught salmon, kale, strawberries, blackberries, pomegranate and red wine. But my personal favorite cancer fighting foods are medicinal mushrooms and no I’m not talking about the mushrooms you may have experimented with in college or the ones you’ll find at the salad bar.
These mushrooms have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries and are still being used today to promote healing and health. Turkey tail, Maitake, Chaga, Reishi and Agaricus blazei are mushrooms that all proven immune-enhancing and cancer fighting effects.
Many of these awesome mushrooms are being used in alternative cancer treatments in Japan and other developed countries. In addition to being cancer fighting foods, these mushrooms each have powerful health promoting effects. For example, Chaga, known as the “King of Plants” in China and the “Diamond of the Forest” in Japan, contains many important nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals in addition to boasting the highest ORAC value of any food on the planet. Chaga grows wild on the bark of birch trees and is traditionally used as a health promoting tea.
But before you jump online and order some Chaga mushroom tea, it’s important to note that not all food supplements are created equal. A great company I like, trust, and personally use is Sun Potion- based in sunny San Diego, California. Visit http:/www.SunPotion.com to explore the transformational foods they offer and save 10% on your order by using the code “devinburke” at checkout.
Let me know in the comments below which are your favorite cancer fighting foods and until next week live passionately on purpose.
Like this? Please share!
Thanks for your support and sharing the gift of health with others 🙂
Most standard shower heads don’t come with filters, which means the average home isn’t equipped with a shower filter. As many of you know city water is treated with harsh chemicals to treat impurities and reduce bacteria, however this has an adverse effect on the water. City water is highly chlorinated, treated with fluoride, and arsenic.
These are are only a few of a host of poisonous, toxic chemicals in municipal water sources. Tap water also contains, hard metals, radiation, inorganic materials, traces of pharmaceutical drugs, and harmful chemical byproducts such as PFC, PFOS, and PFOA which are all toxic compounds.
Our skin is the largest organ of our body. With over 3 trillion pores and a surface area of 20 square feet. It’s main functions are: protection, regulation and sensation. The skin protects us from microbes and the elements, it helps regulates body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold.
Each time you get take a nice hot shower, you’re actually dowsing yourself in all those chemicals and toxins, if you’re not using a shower filter. Luckily your amazing body does protect you from many of these chemicals as they’re too large to be absorbed into your body. But some of these dangerous chemicals are absorbed into your skin and they are not what you want inside your body.
The most dangerous chemical to be concerned about when it comes to showering, is the chemical disinfectant chlorine, which is directly absorbed into your bloodstream on a daily basis. Sure you want to clean yourself but not with chlorine water on a daily basis!
Top 5 risks of not using a shower filter:
1.The chemical compounds found in municipal tap water have risks linked to LDL (bad) high cholesterol, ulcerative colitis, thyroid disease, testicular cancer, kidney cancer and pregnancy-induced hypertension, infertility and more.
2.The EPA has stated that every household in the United States has elevated levels of chloroform in the air due to chlorine released from showering water. Believe it or not, more water contaminants are released into the air of a home from the shower than from any other source.
3.Because most of us take hot water showers, we are also absorbing these chemicals through respiration and then directing into our bloodstreams. Chemicals especially, chlorine, are inhaled and make their way into the bloodstream much more quickly than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion. More chlorine enters the body through dermal absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water.
4.Municipal tap water is harsh on the skin and hair, and can leave your skin feeling dried out and flaky because of the chemicals. It can also leave your hair feeling brittle and dry with damage folicials.
5.Unfiltered shower heads are loaded with bacteria, some of which have even been linked to infectious disease. Not using a shower filter can greatly weaken your immunity and possibility cause immune imbalances.
Top 5 benefits of using a shower filer:
1.Using a shower filter is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce harmful exposure to chlorine and other chemicals, thus reduces your risks of cancer and other life threatening diseases.
2.Showering in filtered water results in greater respiratory health by reducing the risk of asthma and bronchitis from chlorine inhalation.
3.As chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, showering in filtered, chlorine-free water results in higher energy levels and overall greater health.
4.Removing chlorine from showering water results in better air quality throughout the house.
5.Without the drying effects of chlorine, skin becomes softer, healthier, and younger looking. Your hair will look better, feel better and be much healthier. You’ll greatly reduce the risk of any rashes or dry skin and hair associated with harsh chemical shower water.
I know it might see a little overwhelming and shocking, but it’s really just as simple as getting a quality shower filter. Your health and the health of your loved ones are worth it. Bottom line get a shower filter! There are a number of good shower filter options available on the market today for a reasonably low cost.
Remember…Knowledge is potential power. Taking action is real power. Please share any thoughts, or questions below and I’ll get back to you personally.
Until next week, live passionately, on purpose…
Like this? Please share!
Thanks for your support and sharing the gift of health with others 🙂
Before I share my story its important to understand what a health coach is and does…
What is a health coach?
A health coach is a knowledgeable, supportive, action-oriented guide to health and well-being. A health coach focuses on educating, supporting and guiding clients in the following life areas: nutrition, physical activity, relationships, lifestyle and other life areas that impact health such as stress, weight and energy levels.
The need for health coaches…
Making the changes necessary to support health can be challenging – making them last can be even more challenging. Many people know what they “should” be doing to experience health but don’t do what they know. A trained health coach helps close the gap between knowing and doing so individuals can finally move forward on their journeys to feeling and looking their best. Health coaches support, guide and empower lasting change, health and increased levels of happiness with those they work with.
My story (short version)…
I learned at a young age that the happiest, most successful people I encountered, were also the healthiest and most open to improving themselves. This naturally led me to explore personal and professional development books, tapes and programs. I then became extremely passionate about health and wellness.
I set out to learn as much as possible about how to experience extraordinary health. I received my Bachelor of Science degree with a Major in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from Florida Atlantic University and continued my education at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition along with intensive self-study.
I’ve read literally hundreds of books covering health, wellness, mindfulness, exercise and nutrition and feel blessed to be able to share my knowledge with the world. I get to inspire and instruct others on how to improve their lives through making healthier choices.
I’m living my passion while making the world a healthier, better place.
P.S. If your interested in learning more about my online health coaching programs click here.
P.P.S If your interested in becoming a health coach and would like to sample a free class from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition click here.
Health and happiness,
I believe that health is our greatest gift and that being healthy is really about living life to the fullest every day. I believe that true wellness is found by finding balance in all areas of life; developing a spiritual practice, having healthy relationships, finding purpose in your career, being physically active, and by providing the proper nutrition to not only your body but also your spirit.
But finding a balance in the 21st century can be a challenge. With hectic schedules, constant distractions and a continuous stream of new information, it’s so easy to get overwhelmed and confused about what to do and what not do to maintain a healthy balanced life.
My name is Devin Burke and I’m a passionate wellness educator, health and fitness coach. I’ve been there. I know how it feels to be overwhelmed and confused about what to do, to live a truly vibrant and healthy life. We’ve all been in a place where we’ve struggled to eat a healthier diet, create healthier relationships, implement healthier habits, build our finances, create more time to be with our loved ones, to take better care of our body and mind, and to find the tools and strategies that actually work in our busy 21st century lives.
After spending over 10 years studying and implementing, cutting edge lifestyle management techniques, attending courses, trainings, workshops with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts and coaching people of various ages and backgrounds…I’ve discovered that leading a healthy life doesn’t have to be overwhelming, confusing or difficult.It doesn’t have to be stressful, time consuming or full of deprivation.
I made it my mission to inspire and guide as many people as possible to live more fulfilling, joyful, healthy and balanced lives. Through my education and training I’ve come to realize that it’s ultimately small choices that lead to big changes.. Because once you know better you can do better.
So are you ready to wake up everyday feeling refreshed and renewed? To experience more energy, vitality, joy, adventure, love, passion, and fulfillment?
Are you ready to live your healthiest life by learning the tools to optimize your body and mind? If so (follow me by subscribing to my channel and) let me be your guide to finding the lifestyle choices that will help you to, live better, look better and to feel better. I’m going to help you achieve your health goals; from teaching you how to discover what foods are right for your body, to showing you how to find balance through exercise, to creating more meaning in your relationships, developing more passion in your career, minimizing your stress, and maximizing your energy.
You’ll learn how to reduce food cravings, achieve your ideal weight, get more restful sleep and how to find the time to do without it interfering with your busy life. Through sharing my cutting edge fast and proven tips on how to live a more healthy, inspired, and fulfilling life you’ll learn how all parts of your life, affect your health as a whole. Get ready to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun and rewarding.
Each week I’ll be sharing new content through inspiring videos with innovative strategies, techniques, tools and tips on how to dramatically improve your health and wellness, and lead others to do the same. To not only experience a new perspective and vital energy in your own life, but to guide your family and friends to join you on the journey to wellness by achieving a higher quality of life. Because that’s really what health is all about. Choose to take your health and life to the next level.
Subscribe now I look forward to educating, supporting and inspiring you to not only look and feel better… but be better.
Let us make the decision together to give and receive our greatest gift…
Let us live passionately… on purpose!!
Like this? Please share.
Thanks for your support and sharing the gift of health 🙂